RE: Proposed extension libraries

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 03:47:40 -0400
To: <xproc-dev@w3.org>
> You have to import a library. I was imagining that we'd wind up with
> something like http://exproc.org/steps/fileutils.xpl but of course,
> implementations would be encouraged to recognize that URI and load the
> values from some cached location so that every attempt to use the
> exproc steps doesn't actually require hitting the web.

Since the EXProc "package" specifies both extension steps and extension
XPath functions, we will need to say that importing the EXProc libraries
will also magically enable a couple of XPath extension functions. So I
think that EXProc compliant processors will have to recognize the EXProc
library URIs in any case - and actually do something more than just a
simple import (as defined in the XProc spec.)

Regards,
Vojtech