From: Tony Rogers [mailto:tony@gonk.net]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 6:58 AM
To: Christopher Ball
Cc: 'Geert Bormans'; xproc-dev@w3.org
Subject: Re: Storing a document mid sequence. Can it be done?

On Mar 6, 2010, at 11:16 AM, Christopher Ball wrote:

It also makes me think of 'patterns' (common solutions to common problems)
and how it powerful it could be to have a place to post 'xproc patterns' - a
place to start identifying some common utilizations and giving them
intuitive names to help share ideas, understand some best practices, and get
the most from xproc.

Anyone interested?

ABSOLUTELY!

Forgive my foolish idealism, but I think a central library of patterns should be mandatory for every language and context!  :)

…

I actually requested something similar a long time ago on the list.  I think it was more along the lines of a “library”, but patterns are probably even more useful, as they educate people about the underlying concepts that are used to build libraries.

…

I’d like to reference xmlpatterns.com as inspiration for anybody interested in starting something similar for XProc.  Although the website itself is ugly, the information is presented in a very usable format.  (If the ugly bothers you as much as it bothers me, then I encourage any prototypes to make use of Good Web Practices™.  ☺

…

Anyone wanna get something started?

—Tony