Re: Storing a document mid sequence. Can it be done?

On Mar 6, 2010, at 11:16 AM, Christopher Ball wrote:
> It also makes me think of 'patterns' (common solutions to common problems)
> and how it powerful it could be to have a place to post 'xproc patterns' - a
> place to start identifying some common utilizations and giving them
> intuitive names to help share ideas, understand some best practices, and get
> the most from xproc.
>
> Anyone interested?

ABSOLUTELY!

Forgive my foolish idealism, but I think a central library of patterns should be mandatory for every language and context!  :)

…

I actually requested something similar a long time ago on the list.  I think it was more along the lines of a “library”, but patterns are probably even more useful, as they educate people about the underlying concepts that are used to build libraries.

…

I’d like to reference xmlpatterns.com as inspiration for anybody interested in starting something similar for XProc.  Although the website itself is ugly, the information is presented in a very usable format.  (If the ugly bothers you as much as it bothers me, then I encourage any prototypes to make use of Good Web Practices™.  ☺

…

Anyone wanna get something started?

—Tony