XProc confuses me; recommendations for learning?

From: David Priest <docs@davidpriest.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:56:32 -0800
To: xproc-dev@w3.org
I've googled and read blogs and checked out online books-in-progress,
all for naught: I haven't grokked XProc very much at all yet.  I suspect
there is a key understanding that eludes me, and that once I clue in,
everything will crystallize.

In the meantime, could kind folks on this list point to the best
resources for understanding and using XProc?

Thanks in advance!