Re: XProc - patent issues?

From: Leif Warner <abimelech@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 11:52:07 -0800
To: xproc-dev@w3.org
I don't think you'd have anything to be concerned about.

XProc is just a specification (a W3C Recommendation), and you're free to
implement it, or implement whatever you wish.

That said, there's scads of prior pipeline languages out there, from Ant,
Cocoon pipelines, Orbeon XPL, Deri Pipes, etc, etc... and they're all bound
to share some commonalities.