W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > xproc-dev@w3.org > December 2010

Re: Baffling error with http-request

From: Tony Rogers <tony@gonk.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 15:52:34 -0500
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1A83A261-8EA4-44C0-8134-FCCDA5C83365@gonk.net>
To: Romain Deltour <rdeltour@gmail.com>
Hello Romain & Others,

So, according to the thread you linked (quoted below), Oxygen should not be giving me the error that I am getting.  It says it should pass its catalogs to Calabash automatically.  

However, the default catalog options appear to be fine.  I was still getting the error so I started explicitly adding every XHTML 1.1 catalog.  I did this both for the Document Type Associations settings and the general XML Catalog settings.  I’m still getting the same old annoying error:

“SystemID: /Users/amrogers/Developer/Projects/oXygen_workspace/edu.umd/terpconnect/model/documents/201008/INFM298I/Final Project/xproc.xpl
Engine name: Calabash XProc
Severity: error
Description: net.sf.saxon.s9api.SaxonApiException: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException: 404 Not Found for: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml-datatypes-1.mod 404 Not Found for: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml-datatypes-1.mod”

I don’t know what else to do.  This is just a simple HTTP request but everything in my pipeline (and this class project) depends on it.  And the fact that it mentions a SaxonApiException does not comfort me at all either…

—Tony


On Nov 29, 2010, at 11:05 AM, Romain Deltour wrote:

> See this thread for how to use an XML catalog with Calabash (also when used with oXygen):
> http://markmail.org/thread/che45zm7vge3p5ka
> 
> BR,
> Romain.
> 
> Le 29 nov. 10 à 16:43, Inigo Surguy a écrit :
> 
>> Look at the source of http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/ - it has a
>> reference to http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd at the top
>> in its doctype:
>> 
>> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
>> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
>> 
>> That file, in turn, references xhtml-datatypes-1.mod.
>> 
>> Calabash (or rather, the underlying XML parser) is trying to load the
>> doctype to see if there's anything relevant to the XML within it.
>> 
>> Vojtech is right - you should use an XML catalog so a local version of
>> the doctype is used. I'm afraid I don't know offhand how to set that
>> up with Calabash, but I hope I've made it a bit clearer why it's going
>> wrong at least.
>> 
>> Cheers
>> 
>> Inigo
>> 
>> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Tony Rogers <tony@gonk.net> wrote:
>>> 
>>> On Nov 29, 2010, at 12:25 AM, Andrew Welch wrote:
>>> 
>>> There's nothing at the end of the url.....  Try getting that file yourself.
>>> 
>>> No, that's just it…I requested no files from w3.org anywhere in my pipeline.
>>> 
>>> I have no idea why that URL is popping up in the error.
>>> 
>> 
> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 1 December 2010 20:53:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 1 December 2010 20:53:10 GMT