xslt + diff question

From: Jakob Fix <jakob.fix@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:42:15 +0200
To: xproc-dev@w3.org
Hi,

Having recognized the superiority of xproc ;) and wanting to wean
myself off ant and friends, I have this first project in mind to apply
my newly acquired knowledge:

To check that modifications to our XSLT stylesheets have no side
effects, I want to be able to run the modified stylesheets against a
control set of input XML files and compare the outputs with previously
generated reference outputs.

Is this a valid use case for xproc?

One other question is this: The stylesheet doesn't generate one output
file but many via result-document (similar to the DocBook chunking
mechanism). Will they be available directly via the xslt output port,
or do I have to do a directory-list step?

One final question: Although there is a compare step it seems to
return only a Boolean. Are there steps that allow for more detailed
results? Should I use exec with a traditional diff engine?

thanks,
Jakob.