Re: Publicly available p:library-ies?

2009/10/3 Leif Warner wrote:

  Hi,

> Like a sort of CPAN / CTAN / RubyForge / Hackage / whatever for
> XProc scripts.

  That's exactly the idea Jim Fuller shared at Prague last year.
Actually his idea's scope was broader: a CTAN-like site for XSLT
stylesheets, XQuery modules, XProc pipelines, etc. and CXAN was
the most obvious name we found for such a site ;-)

  As part of the EXPath project, I am working on a packaging
system for XSLT and XQuery, which I would like to extend to
XProc.  I've released intermediary results (for eXist and Saxon)
on the EXPath website [1] (see also [2], [3] and [4] for more
details on resp. the packaging system, the prototype for eXist
and the prototype for Saxon.)

  The idea would be to use such packages as the building block of
CXAN (like Debian's APT system builds upon *.deb packages.)

[1]http://www.expath.org/modules/pkg/implems.html
[2]http://fgeorges.blogspot.com/2009/06/divide-and-conquer-or-xpath-xslt-xquery.html
[3]http://fgeorges.blogspot.com/2009/09/expath-packaging-system-prototype.html
[4]http://fgeorges.blogspot.com/2009/10/expath-packaging-system-prototype.html