Re: Detecting unbound options

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:50:41 +0100
To: mozer <xmlizer@gmail.com>
Cc: Toman_Vojtech@emc.com, xproc-dev@w3.org

OK, so maybe I just don't understand Mozer's proposal, but here's
another, even simpler, I think, suggestion:

 For each non-required option with no default and name NAME, there is
 an additional option defined automatically named NAME-bound, whose
 value is "1" if NAME is bound and "" otherwise.

This will enable simple use of "if $NAME-bound then ... else ..." when XPath 2
is supported, and p:choose/p:when otherwise.

ht
- --
                         Half-time member of W3C Team
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk