Re: xproc use case, demonstrator

Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> writes:
> 2009/5/22 Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>:
>
>> I have every confidence it can, but I can't for the life of me see
>> what that ant script does. What is "antvars.py" and what are the
>> expected properties?
>
> I've put all the properties(vars) in an external / included file
> which is a Sun spec in plain text, hence I've parsed them
> using a Python script. I could do it with xslt 2.0 though.
>
> Just need some way to check that I've defined all the properties
> before I use them, since ant gaily uses ${varname} as a filename (grrr)

Uhm...is there some reason not to use the standard Ant idioms for this?

<project name="proptest" default="default" basedir=".">
  <description>Make sure properties are set.</description>

  <condition property="got.all.properties">
    <and>
      <isset property="somethingImportant"/>
    </and>
  </condition>

  <target name="check.properties" unless="got.all.properties">
    <fail message="You forgot to set some properties"/>
  </target>

  <target name="init" depends="check.properties">
    <echo>Init</echo>
  </target>

  <target name="default" depends="init">
    <echo>Hello world: ${somethingImportant}</echo>
  </target>
</project>

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Where are we going? And why am I in
http://nwalsh.com/            | this handbasket?-- Toto