Re: Default value for the 'omit-xml-declaration' serialization option

"Toman_Vojtech@emc.com" <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> writes:
> In the case of p:escape-markup, I think the default of true is what we
> want,

Why?

> but with the other steps (p:http-request, p:store, p:exec) I am
> not that sure. Especially with p:store and p:exec.

What can the XML Declaration specify?

1. The version of XML, by default 1.0. If it's not 1.0 you *must*
output an XML declaration, serialization parameters be damned.

2. The encoding. If the encoding isn't UTF8/16, you *must* output
an XML declaration, serialization paramters be damned.

3. A standalone declaration. I don't think I've ever seen this used
effectively. I'm not even sure it has an effective use.

I don't feel strongly about it, but if we decide that it shouldn't be
false, I think it should be implementation defined.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | A child becomes an adult when he
http://nwalsh.com/            | realizes he has a right not only to be