Re: Java 1.6?

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Norman Walsh<ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> Long ago, I abandoned support for Java 1.4.
>
> Is it too early to abandon support for Java 1.5?

I tend to track Apache Ant to answer these kinds of questions ...

for example, last Apache Ant 1.7.1 release needs java 1.3 and above
... in Apache Ant svn trunk one now needs java 1.4; that shows that
there has been some recent change, though note that there can be lots
of time between Ant releases.

I think Apache Ant could be considered a 'bellweather' indicator so
its not so radical to consider v1.5 these days ... though I might test
with java v1.4 as a courtesy for those who may have no option to
upgrade.

Jim Fuller