question related to step p:xslt using xsl:message

From: Paul Hermans <paul@proxml.be>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:04:06 +0200
To: xproc-dev@w3.org
I must use in my xproc pipeline an existing xslt stylesheet (I cannot
touch) which uses a lot of xsl:messages.
Using Calabash I see these messages as text appearing on the console,
but I need them also further on in my pipeline while generating a
report.

I couldn't figure out from reading the spec and doing some experiments
if these messages also appear on an output port.
If yes, is there an xml format to be expected in which the simple text
node is wrapped then.

Regards,

Paul