[closed] Re: instance name visible within a custom step?

"James Sulak" <jsulak@gmail.com> writes:
> Is the name of a step instance (in this case, the name "instance")
> available inside the step as a variable or a function? I'd like to be
> able to access the name of the step instance instead of having to pass
> it in as a separate option.

James,

The WG considered this request but decided not to add this feature in
XProc V1.0. If you are unsatisfied by this resolution, please let us
know.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Any bureaucracy reorganized to enhance
http://nwalsh.com/            | efficiency is indistinguishable from