Re: Is Calabash thread-safe, multiprocessor-safe?

"Costello, Roger L." <costello@mitre.org> writes:
> One of the organizations I support is considering using XProc and
> using Calabash. They asked me some questions that I was not able to
> answer:
>
> 1. How confident are you in the quality and correctness of the
> Calabash implementation?

Uhhhhh. I'm reasonably confident that it produces correct results, but
there are known bugs: http://code.google.com/p/xmlcalabash/issues/list
and I'm sure there are unknown bugs too. It's 'beta', at best.

> 2. In your experience is Calabash thread-safe, multiprocessor-safe?

I've made no effort to make XProcRuntime objects thread safe. I'm not
even confident that they're serially reusable. But if you create two
XProcRuntimes, I don't think there'd be any issue with running
pipelines through them in different threads.

The current implementation is single-threaded, so I don't think
multiprocessors are relevant.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | A man may fulfill the object of his
http://nwalsh.com/            | existence by asking a question he