Re: Content-type vs. media-type?

"Toman_Vojtech@emc.com" <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com> writes:
> I agree this can be quite confusing. I think that the XProc spec
> sticks with 'content-type' where possible. As for p:escape-markup
> (and a couple of other steps such as p:http-request, p:exec, ...),
> it applies XML serialization to the input document, and 'media-type'
> is the name of one of the serialization properties in the XML
> Serialization spec. Renaming 'media-type' (the serialization
> parameter) to 'content-type' would cause additional confusion, IMHO.

Yes, I think that's exactly right. "Media type" refers to the XSLT 2.0
and XQuery 1.0 Serialization "media-type" parameter. "Content type"
refers to the things returned in "Content-type:" headers by HTTP.

If there are cases where that's not true, please let me know, they're
probably editorial errors.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | We do not know what thoughts stirred in
http://nwalsh.com/            | the mind of the last of the mastodons,