Announce: Calabash 0.7.0

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:30:45 -0400
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Hi folks,

I'm quietly announcing 0.7.0 on this list (and not on my weblog, for
example).

The big change is that I think I've fixed all of the problems with
binding the context for parameters, variables, and options. There are
a few smaller changes as well:

Changes in 0.7.0

  * Fixed bugs in handling of bindings for options/variables/parameters.
  * Enabled the "phone home" feature; report compound steps and options/parameters
  * Improved product-related functions and p:episode
  * Fixed the static error associated with unbound inputs on variables/parameters
  * Fixed bug that caused p:empty in side p:with-param to crash
  * Added -L option for setting the default logging level
  * Fixed namespace bindings in option value calculations
  * Fixed bugs in select handling
  * Made unexpected parameters passed to a step a warning instead of a
    dynamic error.

Fixing the binding problems required a fairly significant refactoring
down in the guts of input/output handling. Calabash still passes all
the tests it used to pass, but if a couple of folks could try it and
report any new bugs that I may have introduced, I'd appreciate it.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Happiness is a how, not a what; a
http://nwalsh.com/            | talent, not an object.--Herman Hesse