Re: possible bug in p:iteration select

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> "Josh Matthews" <joshmatthews@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I wonder if it'd be nice if you could also do this:

> > Not that it's a shorter shortcut than just passing the option directly
> via
> > an actual href attribute, but it would be nicely consistent with XSLT's
> > with-param, for those more familiar with that.
>
> Yes, but can't do that because you can also put p:pipe in there to
> specify the context and that would just get too confusing.

Do you mean confusing for users or confusing for
implementors? <p:with-option> can already take a <p:empty>, <p:pipe>,
intuitive for users to have the flexibility to nest anything in an input
element and have it treated as input. It's probably very subjective, but I
personally find having to overload the select XPath expression with a quoted
string more confusing than being able to nest a text node.

Cheers,
Josh Matthews