Entity Expansion

From: David A. Lee <dlee@calldei.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:23:56 -0500
To: <xproc-dev@w3.org>

Where does it say in the specs that ENTITY elements are expanded in steps ?
I looked for the word ENTITY and ENTITIES in the specs and the only
reference was in the http-request step.

For example: test

add-xml-base-001

clearly expects entities to be resolved and expanded.

Thats certianly a useful, and possibly expected, feature, but I'd like to
see it in the specs that its expected and/or required.

If its not explicit then an otherwise conforming implementation could fail
this test.    Or for example, adding a p:identity earlier in the pipeline
would cause the test to fail, which on the surface atleast seems
non-obvious.

I could even imagine cases where it would be useful to programatically
specify entity expansion on a step by step basis ... although thats more on
the lines of a 'feature request' then a 'spec clarification'

-David
David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.calldei.com