Calabash and http-request

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:01:15 -0500
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
My current implementation of p:http-request is pretty crude and
contains at least one significant bug[1].

A fairly straightforward way to fix this problem is to use the Apache
Commons HttpClient API instead of rolling my own.

Doing so makes Calabash depend on the Apache Commons HttpClient
library and, transitively, on the Apache Logging and Apache Codec
libraries.

I guess that's ok, though I'm loathe to make the dependency list any
longer.

This is either an opportunity for someone to point out why it would be
a really bad idea to add those dependencies or fair warning that the
next release will have them ... or both.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/xmlcalabash/issues/detail?id=7

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Truth lies within a little uncertain
http://nwalsh.com/            | compass, but error is immense.