Re: Submitting test suite results to tests.xproc.org

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 11:44:24 -0500
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Toman_Vojtech@emc.com writes:
> Great news! But the schemas still don't seem to be there (nor .rnc nor
> .rng)...

Sorry, it's .../schema/..., not "schemas" plural.

>> For an example of the format, you can download the XML Calabash report
>> From http://tests.xproc.org/results/calabash/report.xml
> I don't think it's the best example of the format, it contains too few
> failures :)

>> I'm open to suggestions for changes/improvements.
> I think that for the tests that are expected to fail, the schema should
> distinguish between three possible cases:
> - processor did not fail
> - pricessor did fail with proper error code
> - processor failed, but with a different error code (and interpret this
> as 50% success or something like that?)

I'll have to think about what to do about the first case, the second
two are covered:

- A test that is expected to fail and fails with the right error code
  is a <pass/>

- A test that fails with the wrong error code is a

    <error expected="err:expected">err:actual</error>

> Indeed interesting. Maybe it is not a bad idea to post this pipeline on
> tests.xproc.org as the preferred way of submitting the results :)

Ok. I'll see about doing that.

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Simplicity is always a virtue.--Edward
http://nwalsh.com/            | Abbey