Re: Terminology: "Foo has the string data type" or "Foo is the string data type" or "Foo has a data type that is a string" or something else? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
My answer:  The data type of Foo is string.

This implies a few things:

1. Foo is a proper identifier where reuse is irrelevant.
2. All instances of Foo relate to its single definition.
3. Since there is only a single definition of the Foo element its relationship to its parts is inherent in the definition provided to schema.
4. Since Foo is a proper identifier and the type value is not always start with the identifier and relate its parts back to its name.

In my mind nothing else matters.

Austin