Re: Terminology: "Foo has the string data type" or "Foo is the string data type" or "Foo has a data type that is a string" or something else? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Sorry for the excessive email, but that last point I wrote made no sense.  Here is something a bit more clear:

4. Since you can identify a reference by Foo with more specificity than a look up of any of its single parts it would be most efficient to start with the known reference point and then draw relationships to each part of that reference.

Austin