Re: extending namespaces

From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 12:08:24 +0000
To: Andrew Leslie <info@structuredinformation.co.uk>
Cc: XMLSchema@xml4pharma.com, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
> I want to avoid redefining a whole plethora of sub elements and attributes
> already defined in the main proced.xsd as this adds in all the namespace
> attributes into the element when inserted during authoring.

Are the namespaces needed for the element that is inserted, or just
because they are in-scope for that element?

If not, then either a) the author tool needs a fix or b) you could
post process the xml through a parse/serialise of another tool (such
as an xslt identity transform) which will fix up the namespaces.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com