Re: What is this simpleType's "base" type?

From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 21:43:28 +0530
To: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>
Cc: "xmlschema-dev@w3.org" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:
> In my LotteryNumbers example, would it be appropriate to say that the OneToNintyNine simpleType is the "parent" simpleType of LotteryNumbers?

No it isn't. I believe, the terminology "parent" and "base" type
should be considered same.

The type definition you're mentioning is,

<xsd:simpleType name="LotteryNumbers">
       <xsd:restriction>
           <xsd:simpleType>
               <xsd:list itemType="OneToNinetyNine"/>
           </xsd:simpleType>
           <xsd:length value="6"/>
       </xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>

The parent type (and it is simpleType in this case) of type
LotteryNumbers is the anonymous list type. The simpleType
OneToNinetyNine is the item type of this list (type).

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi