Possible improvement to XSD validation service

From: Paul Millar <paul.millar@desy.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 15:17:52 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

First off, thanks for providing the XSD validation service:

It's a very useful resource.

I've a suggestion for a possible improvement.  I've an XSD that includes XHTML
in the annotation-documentation elements.  To do this, I've included the XHTML
namespace; however, the validator doesn't like this and emits the following
error message:

> Attempt to load a schema document from
> http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
>  (source: new namespace) for
>    http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml,
>     failed:
> Not recognised as W3C XML Schema or RDDL: html

I think what I'm doing is OK; here's an example fragment, where the schema
element has the namespace declaration

    <complexType name="example_t">
            <documentation source="http://www.example.org/ref.pdf#page=11"
                        An abstracted, logical view of software and [...]
	<!-- Rest of defn goes here -->

If this is OK, would it be possible to adjust the validator so that it knows
about the xhtml namespace?