Re: difference in design

  On 02/10/2010 5:57 AM, Abe Scott wrote:
> I'm using this data in EMC's xPression product, which creates an
> in-memory SQL database with the data.  When B is loaded- I only get
> the first instance of <name_address>, when A is used all instances are
> there.
>
> Can you explain the difference in the two schemas?

They are both perfectly good XML, but one of them seems to be in the
form that xPression is expecting and the other is not.

Unless you have some kind of agreement in place (e.g. an agreed schema)
that enables you to argue that your vendor is sending you something
incorrect, you are going to have to transform the XML into a form that
the xPression product can handle. XSLT is widely used for that kind of job.

Michael Kay
Saxonica