Re: difference in design

  Presumably if you think B is invalid, that's because there's a schema
that mandates A, in which case you can explain why it is invalid by
explaining how it violates the schema.

Or are you simply suggesting that you think A is a better design? (Odd,
it feels like a worse design to me, a lot of the structure seems
redundant). But it seems very strange that you are arguing about the
design of your XML at this stage, when data is already flowing, rather
than having agreed it up front.

Michael Kay
Saxonica