Re: Are attribute values case sensitivite

Dear Shai,

On 12/21/10 2:44 PM, Shai Gotlib wrote:
 > I found that <oXygen> found <xs:restriction base="xs:*S*tring"> as valid
 > while other XML Schema parser found it invalid…

oXygen uses Xerces and Saxon EE as XML Schema engines. Both report an
error on that when invoked to validate a simple schema like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     <xs:simpleType name="test">
         <xs:restriction base="xs:String"/>
     </xs:simpleType>
</xs:schema>

SystemID: /Users/george/Documents/workspace/oxygen/samples/Untitled1.xsd
Engine name: Xerces
Severity: error
was detected that 'xs:String' is in namespace
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema', but components from this namespace
are not referenceable from schema document
'file:/Users/george/Documents/workspace/oxygen/samples/Untitled1.xsd'.
If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps the prefix of 'xs:String'
needs to be changed. If this is the correct namespace, then an
appropriate 'import' tag should be added to
'file:/Users/george/Documents/workspace/oxygen/samples/Untitled1.xsd'.
Start location: 5:30
End location: 5:41

SystemID: /Users/george/Documents/workspace/oxygen/samples/Untitled1.xsd
Engine name: Saxon-EE 9.3.0.3
Severity: fatal
XML Schema namespace
Start location: 4:0

On the other hand if this document is not opened in the XML Schema
editor in oXygen then oXygen will perform an XML well-formed check and
it will report it as well formed - maybe this happened in your case?

If you encountered this problem in the XML Schema editor I will surely
appreciate a sample file that can be used to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,
George
--
George Cristian Bina