Doubt in xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc

From: bharath <bharathkr@huawei.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:01:42 +0530
To: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Cc: arathikarki@huawei.com, rajithr@huawei.com
Hi All,

I am calling the function xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc() to construct xmlDocPtr
to xmlChar.
When i used this function, the left characters are converted to right
characters. Can you please let me know what is the reason to convert like
this.

& - &amp;
> - &lt;
< - &gt;
" - &quot
' - &#39;
\r - &#13;

Thanks and Regards,
Bharath.

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is