RE: XLink, XPath, XPointer help

Firstly, you're off-topic for this list - your question has nothing to do
with XML Schema.

There's nothing wrong with your XLink syntax if you can find an XLink
processor to process it. Don't expect a plain XML parser to do anything with
it. In practice, XLink processors are thin on the ground. You are more
likely to find an XInclude processor bundled with your parser, which does
the same job with different syntax; or just use plain old external entity
references which every parser supports; or implement the inclusion yourself
with a 10-line XSLT stylesheet.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/