Re: XLink, XPath, XPointer help

From: C. M. Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:30:28 -0600
Cc: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
To: John.Tucker <John.Tucker@noaa.gov>

On 6 Aug 2009, at 10:30 , John.Tucker wrote:

> I am looking for the way
> to drop external XML fragments into an XML instance file.
>
> I think that this used to work:
>
> <gmd:contact xlink:show="embed"
>
> xlink:href="http://asdd.ga.gov.au/asdd/profileinfo/GAOpenDaySeries.xml#GADetails
> "/>
>
> The documentation that I can find, suggests that it works.
> But it doesn't, at least not now.

In what environment?

In an environment which supports XLink, this ought to
have the effect described by the XLink spec.  In
environments which don't, of course, it won't.

So when you say it "used to work", what software were you
using then?   And now that it doesn't work for you,
what software are you using now?

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net