RE: [ann] Schema Lightener: a free tool for simplifying schemas

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:21:08 -0000
To: "'Paul Kiel'" <paul@xmlhelpline.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
 > A full FAQ is available at http://www.xmlhelpline.com/tools (including a
section on how this relates to Schematron and other solutions). This is an
initial 1.0 release.  I would love to continue to improve it if people find
it useful.

Other requirements for subsetting that I have often encountered include:

(a) reducing the value set of an enumeration

(b) changing minOccurs or maxOccurs values.

In general I quite like the idea of making this instance-driven, though I
can see that in some cases, creating instances that are sufficiently
representative could become rather tedious.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/