From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Michael Kay
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 1:21 PM
To: 'Paul Kiel'; xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: RE: [ann] Schema Lightener: a free tool for simplifying schemas

 > A full FAQ is available at http://www.xmlhelpline.com/tools (including a
section on how this relates to Schematron and other solutions). This is an
initial 1.0 release.  I would love to continue to improve it if people find
it useful.

Other requirements for subsetting that I have often encountered include:

(a) reducing the value set of an enumeration

(b) changing minOccurs or maxOccurs values.

In general I quite like the idea of making this instance-driven, though I
can see that in some cases, creating instances that are sufficiently
representative could become rather tedious.

Michael Kay

http://www.saxonica.com/