Re: Implementations/Non-Implementations of xs:redefine?

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Eliot Kimber wrote:
>
>> I guess the most reasonable thing to do is to create a set of
>> DITA-specific test cases that can be used to evaluate products'
>> handling of redefine as well as document the limitation in
>> using XSD at all for specialization.
>
> I know that your would be targeting these to specific needs of the DITA
> community, but the Schema WG is always looking for test cases to add to
> the official test case collection.  Insofar as the tests you create are
> testing conformance to the Schema Recommendation, as opposed to some
> tighter constraints that DITA prefers, I'd encourage you to consider
> submitting them.  That will not only help the Schema WG, for which we'd be
> grateful, it will somewhat increase the chance that a broad range of
> processors available to you will actually pass the tests.  Thanks!

You're correct of course, anything we create will be useful as part of
the general XSD test suite. We will submit anything we create. We'll
also make sure there's not already test cases that test the conditions
DITA trips over.

Cheers,

Eliot

--