Re: Notation Declaration valid or not

That is invalid.
If you look into the schema for schemas you can see that notation
derives from openAttrs with the following definition:

<xs:complexType name="openAttrs">
     <xs:annotation>
         <xs:documentation> This type is extended by almost all schema
types to allow attributes from other
             namespaces to be added to user schemas.</xs:documentation>
     </xs:annotation>
     <xs:complexContent>
         <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType">
             <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
         </xs:restriction>
     </xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

That allows any attributes from other namespace but not from the XML
schema namespace http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema, while your attribute
   is exactly in that namespace.

Best Regards,
George