From: Debora Vanni <debora.vanni@tvblob.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:45:53 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Is there a way to have a schema that allow an element to have a certain
number of attributes without defining them? I better explain:
<foo attr1 = "34" attr2 = 245">
<foo attr5 = "3pp">
are ok, but I don't know and I don't want to care about names and types
of attributes.
So the schema would be
<xs:element name="foo">

I know that there is
but it's not ok because you must define attributes somewhere, and I don't know nothing about them.
I just want to make sure that the element "foo" exists and it is of a complex type described by [...], but I just know that
it will have some attributes I don't know how many and which.

Debora Vanni - TVBLOB S.r.l.
Software Engineer

A new way to communicate ...thru your TV!

Via G. Paisiello, 9 - 20131 Milano, Italia
T: +39 02 3656 2440
F: +39 02 2040 8347