Re: References to a value of an element in another element?

From: Pete Cordell <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:13:32 -0000
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Original Message From: <noah_mendelsohn@>

> So, I don't think there's one answer that's clearly the right one for
> everyone:  you can make good cases both for and against full XPath 2.0,
> limited subset, or some sort of variability.  A related debate has to do
> with whether evaluation should be type-aware.

I'm not so worried about a subset, as long as it's OK to plug a fully
featured implementation into an application.

What I don't like is where a superset is defined, as found in schema regular
expressions with character class subtraction (even if it is a nice
feature!).

Hopefully this can be avoided.

Pete.
Pete Cordell