RE: Determinization in case of ambiguity or Should XML validators report on schemas that violate the UPA constraint?

From: Shlomo Yona <S.Yona@F5.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 01:58:31 -0700
To: "Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Thanks for your explanation.

The typographical errors are due to my email client, sigh...

What about the case where a sequence with minOccurs="1" and
maxOccurs="1" contains particles which all have minOccurs="0" in the
case where none of them appear in the XML instance? (see example:
below). What is the desired behavior? I suspect that the outer sequence
should also have minOccurs="0", in such an event. What do you think?

If this is a problem, should this be reported by a schema validator upon
processing of the schema? Should the schema be "automatically

	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

targetNamespace="bar" xmlns="foo">

	            <xsd:element name="a">

<xsd:element name="b">