RE: including a schema document multiple times

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:52:56 +0100
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "'Sandy Gao'" <sandygao@ca.ibm.com>, "'Wolfgang Jeltsch'" <wolfgang@jeltsch.net>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> I haven't heard anyone question the intent of the section
> quoted by Sandy in the common case where two includes have
> schemaLocations with exactly the same URI.

> Anyway:  I think there are important cases in which the
> recommendation is quite clear.

I agree that it's common sense to treat two includes on the same
(absolutized) URI as identical. I disagree that the Recommendation makes it
clear that you should do so. (It doesn't even make it clear how you should
absolutize the URI, for example I've heard a serious suggestion recently
that it's incorrect to take xml:base into account.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/