Re: the UPA-constraint and danish word division

I don't quite have a UPA friendly version of this grammar, but the
optionality of hyphens and blanks between wordparts makes it a little
different from the chess example. Imagine if black moves were
optional in chess; then the model could be (W, B?)*, which obeys UPA.

In this case, though, there is a twist in that the final wordpart can
be followed by a hyphen but not a blank, which is different from the
other wordpart gaps. If ignore this difference, we get a little
stricter model in the spirit of Michael's approach #2 (come as close
as possible and rely on a subsequent processor to catch the missed
cases. Here's a model that allows a trailing blank and/or hyphen:

     |    (w,  ((h, b?) | (b, h?))){2, unbounded}
     )

where "{2, unbounded}" is the quantifier "minOccurs = 2, maxOccurs =
unbounded".

xan