Re: specify element type depending of same element attribute value?

From: Philippe Poulard <Philippe.Poulard@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:41:03 +0200
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
CC: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>, "'Crni Gorac'" <cgorac@gmail.com>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> And, adding to Mike's answer, the schema workgroup is devoting a lot of
> effort to choosing the right features for Schema 1.1 that would allow just
> such co-occurrence constraints to be expressed.  Though I can't officially
> commit anything, I would expect to see at least some initial proposals in
> whatever is the next public working draft of the Schema 1.1 specification.
>  Stay tuned.

hi,

I'm playing with an alternate schema technology that can build content
models dynamically, as shown in this example :
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/tutorial.html#N801359

Thus, co-occurrence constraints are easy to achieve with the Active
Schema Language :
http://disc.inria.fr/perso/philippe.poulard/xml/active-tags/active-schema/active-schema.html

Of course, this is still experimental, but it's worth seeing ; there are
lots of ideas that might interest the schema workgroup.

--
Cordialement,

               ///
              (. .)