RE: Question about datatype

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:00:56 +0100
To: "'David Landwehr'" <david.landwehr@solidapp.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

As far as I have been able to tell, the terms "type" and "datatype" are
synonymous in XML Schema, though by custom and practice the term "datatype"
is generally used only when referring to simple types.

In the XSLT and XQuery groups we decided to stick to "type".

Michael Kay

l , this is the start of the mail thread but the question I'm > asking here
arises at the and of the thread.