Question about datatype

From: David Landwehr <david.landwehr@solidapp.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 07:44:37 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi All,

On www-forms@w3.org there is a discussion going on about the notion of a
xml schema datatype [1]. Does the term datatype in XML Schema only cover
a simple type or also a complex type with simple content? From the XML
Schema Part 2 I read the definition of a datatype to be the validation
criteria of textual content (and to some degree structural because of
e.g. xsd:QName and xsd:ID), is that correct or how would *the* good
explanation of this look like?

Best regards,
David

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2006May/0015.html ,
this is the start of the mail thread but the question I'm asking here
arises at the and of the thread.

David Landwehr (david.landwehr@solidapp.com)
Chief Executive Officer, SolidApp
Web: http://www.solidapp.com