From: Mukul Gandhi [mailto:gandhi.mukul@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 25 July 2006 09:55
To: Balakrishnan
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3c.org
Subject: Re: How to use DTD and Schema in the single XML file?

I am not sure if there are any validators in the market which offer
such composite validations.

But I feel, you can surely perform validation of a XML with both DTD
and XSD in a serial fashion.

Something like following:

Input XML --> validation against DTD --> if validation succeeds -->
validation against XSD --> if validation succeeds, use XML else
discard.

Regards,
Mukul

http://gandhimukul.tripod.com