Re: xsd:simpletype or <xsd:complexType with simpleContent?

From: Dan Vint <dvint@dvint.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:54:52 -0800
To: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson),Dan Vint <dvint@dvint.com>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

At 01:54 AM 1/12/2006, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>Typo?  You can extend _either_ of these types to get a complex type
>defn with simple content and attributes.

I'll have to check into this more. This was in terms of redfine - my
original statement. It seemed that if the type was not defined as a complex
type, that I could not redefine it to have a new attribute. If my element
is based upon a simpleType, I can only restrict the definition in redefine,
while if it is the complex definition, I can add attributes as needed as
well as restricting it's facets.

..dan
Danny Vint

Specializing in Panoramic Images of California and the West
http://www.dvint.com

voice: 510-522-4703

When H.H. Bennett was asked why he preferred to be out
shooting landscapes rather than spending time in his portrait studio:

"It is easier to pose nature and less trouble to please."

http://www.portalwisconsin.org/bennett_feature.cfm