Von: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. Februar 2006 11:00
An: 'Udo Ende'; 'Xmlschema-Dev-Request'
Betreff: RE: XML transformation with changed XSD

> I have a set of XML files being (correctly) validated to a
> XSD file. Now I
> upgrade the XSD file and therefore I have to change the XML files.
>
> What is the best way to automate the transformation of the
> XML files? Are
> there any tools that can do that?

Clearly the process can't be automated. But the visual mapping tools in
products like Stylus Studio, where you define the input and output schemas
and then generate an XSLT transformation by drawing lines from one to the
other, work particularly well when the two schemas are very similar.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/