FW: Complex type restriction question

From: Natarajan Ravi <Ravi.Natarajan@cfh.nhs.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:17:48 +0100
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

	I am trying to restrict an existing complex type "A" in the
element "F" allows any content. In the restriction model I want to plug
in a new element type for the same. I think this is not possible in
restriction type derivation of complex type. I can do this different way
by extension or is there a more elegant way to handle this.

<xs:complexType name="A">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="B" type="typeA" minOccurs="0"/>
<xs:element name="F" type="typeF" minOccurs="0"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

<xs:complexType name="typeF">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:any/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

<xs:complexType name="AA">
		<xs:complexContent>
			<xs:restriction base="A">
				<xs:sequence>
					<xs:element name="Element1"
type="A.B" minOccurs="0"/>
					<xs:element name="F" type="AA.F"
minOccurs="0"/>
				</xs:sequence>
			</xs:restriction>
		</xs:complexContent>
</xs:complexType>

<xs:complexType name="AA.F">
		<xs:sequence>
			<xs:element name="Test" type="XXXXX"/>
		</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

Regards
Ravi.N

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.