min occurs

From: Alessandro Triglia <sandro@mclink.it>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:53:57 -0400
To: "[Public XML Schema-DEV]" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi

I noticed the following inconsistency in Part 1:

Schema Component Constraint: Particle Correct

2 If {max occurs} is not unbounded [...]:

2.2 {max occurs} must be greater than or equal to 1

Schema Component: Particle

{max occurs}
Either a non-negative integer or unbounded.

Why wasn't the {max occur} property of particles just specified as a *positive* integer?  Am I missing something obvious?

I also noticed the following:

Schema Component Constraint: All Group Limited

When a model group has {compositor} all [...]:

2 The {max occurs} of all the particles in the {particles} of the group must be 0 or 1.

How could it be 0 without violating "Schema Component Constraint: Particle Correct"?

Alessandro Triglia
OSS Nokalva