RE: Chameleon includes and wildcard intersections

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:18:08 +0100
To: "'Kasimier Buchcik'" <K.Buchcik@4commerce.de>
Cc: "'ML-xml-schema-dev'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> Three additional results:
>
> Saxon 8.5.1:
> Error on line 11 of
> file:/p:/libxml2-lab/tests/2005-09-06/cham-2.inc.xsd:
>   The intersection or union of this wildcard with other wildcards is
> inexpressible

I pity the poor user who gets this message. It's one case where I simply
gave up trying to explain it in language the user was likely to understand.
If we can get rid of the error condition by making wildcard rules closed
over intersection and union, it's worth doing for that reason alone.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/